Menorrhagia is generally recognized as excessive menstrual bleeding. It is one of the most troubling women health issues in women. Additionally, it is also contributed to being the major reason for women’s visiting gynecologist in Indore. Every year, around 1 in 20 females face this heavy period issue.
In most of the instances, menorrhagia has no apparent cause. Sometimes, however, it is associated with the presence of organic disease. The known causes for said medical condition include:
- Fibroids: benign muscle enlargements in the womb wall
- Endometrial polyps: benign womb lining outgrowths
- Endometriosis: tissue misplaced in the womb’s lining
- Inflammatory pelvic disease: continuing pelvic infection
- Wombs cancer (endometrial carcinoma)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Other causes of severe and abnormal bleeding may be:
- Disorders of blood coagulation
- Anomalous hormone cycles
- Thyroid Gland problems
- Issues due to intra-uterine contraceptive devices (IUCDs)
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Sterilization set in motion by tying of the fallopian tubes
Treatment choice for this heavy period issue relies on the type and frequency of bleeding, organic disease presence, age, and involvement in childbirth. However, hormone replacement therapy may help females who are approaching near their menopause. Hence, consulting a gynecologist well in time is essential to get rid of such disturbing issues.